To find out which creek spots are available for adoption, view the spots on the Adopt a Creek Spot Program Map
Creek Spot Adoptees will be provided the opportunity to perform Ongoing and/or Additional activities as detailed below. Additional activities will require training and authorization from the Adopt a Creek Spot Coordinator.
Ongoing Activities include:
- Regularly picking up trash and other debris, and reporting total volume collected by June 1st
- Photography and/or sketch mapping the adopted spot
Additional Activities include:
- Painting over graffiti
- Marking storm drain
- Removing weeds and other unwanted vegetation
- Planting site-appropriate plants
- Site monitoring
- Special events
The Program Coordinator could provide Adoptees with the following supplies and/or services as appropriate, and recognize the Adoptees commitment and hard work with a recognition sign at the adopted creek spot:
- Clean-up kits
- Graffiti removal kits
- Storm drain marking kits
- Gardening tools for maintenance/restoration projects
- Guidance with clean-up planning
- Trash and recyclables disposal
- Technical assistance for maintenance/restoration projects
- Educational presentations and activities
If you want to beautify a creek spot, Getting Started is easy.
For more information, email the Adopt a Creek Spot Program here or call (925) 960-8100.